On October 1, 2020 Nigeria celebrates sixty years of independence from colonial British rule. The Benjamindada team is using this independence day to celebrate sixty entrepreneurs that we believe have done wonderfully.
These Nigerian entrepreneurs have succeeded in harnessing the power of technology to provide solutions to local and international problems. More importantly, the work they have done, and are still doing is paving the way for many young Nigerians to make a difference too.
Meet the giants of Nigeria's blossoming tech industry:
41. Mitchell Elegbe - Founder and CEO of Interswitch, a digital payments and commerce company.
42. Tayo Oviosu - Founder and CEO of Paga, a mobile payment platform that allows users make and receive payments from their mobile devices.
43. Adeola Shasanya - Cofounder of Afrotech girls, a non-profit organization focused on increasing the participation of girls and young women in STEM.
44. Yomi Adedeji - Founder and CEO of Softcom, parent company of fintech product, Eyowo.
45. Obi Ozor - Cofounder and CEO at Kobo360, a tech-enabled logistics platform that connects cargo owners, truck drivers, and cargo recipients.
46. Tunde Kehinde - Founder, Co-CEO at Lidya a fintech company providing financing to small businesses. He is also a co-founder of Jumia.
7. Titi Odunfa Adeoye - Founder and CEO of Sankore Investment, parent company of Wealth.ng
48. Bukky George - Cofounder and CEO of Healthplus, Africa's first integrative pharmacy.
49. Onyekachi Izukanne - Cofounder and CEO at TradeDepot, an e-commerce comapany that connects African retailers to top consumer good companies
50. Toba Obaniyi - Founder and CEO of Whogohost, Nigeria's biggest web hosting company.
51. Nkem Okocha - CEO and founder of Mamamoni, a fintech social enterprise that is looking to close the credit gap for low-income female entrepreneurs.
52. Buchi Okoro - Quidax CEO, a cryptocurrency exchange that allows users buy and sell cryptocurrencies securely and with ease.
53. Fara Ashiru Jituboh - Cofounder and CEO of Okra.ng, a fintech company that enables the secure exchange of real-time financial information between customers, applications, and banks
54. Elo Umeh - Terragon group, an enterprise marketing technology company that specialized in harnessing customer data for insight.
55. Tosin Eniolorunda - Team Apt, financial technology company focused developing digital banking, business solutions and payments infrastructure.
56. Fadé Ogunro - Founder and CEO, Bookings Africa, an e-marketplace that helps people connect with African talents in lifestyle entertainment and media
57. Preston Timeyin Ideh - Stears Business, an intelligence company dedicated to digitising the data market in Africa
58. Bilikiss Adebiyi Abiola - Founder and CEO at Wecyclers, a for-profit social enterprise addressing the challenge of urban waste.
59. Yele Bademosi - Founder of Microtraction, an angel investment fund.
60. Fejiro Hanu Agbodje - Founder and CEO of Patricia, a platform that allows users trade gift cards and cryptocurrency.