On October 1, 2020 Nigeria celebrates sixty years of independence from colonial British rule. The Benjamindada team is using this independence day to celebrate sixty entrepreneurs that we believe have done wonderfully.
These Nigerian entrepreneurs have succeeded in harnessing the power of technology to provide solutions to local and international problems. More importantly, the work they have done, and are still doing is paving the way for many young Nigerians to make a difference too.
We've split the list into three batches of 20 that we'll be bringing to you over the next few hours. You can click here to see the first batch of 20. Meet the giants of Nigeria's blossoming tech industry:
21. Iyin Aboyeji - Founder of Future Africa,an organization that provides support for innovators and startups. Ex Cofounder at Andela and Flutterwave.
22. Dr Olamide Orekunrin - Founder Flying Doctors Nigeria, an air ambulance and medevac company. She's also the founder of Flying Doctors Healthcare Investment Company.
23. Olatorera Oniru - Founder and CEO of Dressmeoutlet.com, a fashion, culture and art e-commerce company.
24. Shola Akinlade - Cofounder and CEO at Paystack, a fintech company focused on solving payment problems for businesses.
25. Oluwasoga Oni - CEO & Founder of MDaas Global, a tech-enabled company that builds diagnostic centres for underserved communities
26. Dr Abasi Ene-Obong - Founder and CEO of 54gene, a genomics research company committed to studying African genetics.
27. Timi Ajiboye - Co-founder and CEO at Buycoins, a company that helps users send bitcoin in a quickly and reliably.
28. LeoStan Ekeh - CEO at Konga, one of Nigeria's largest e-commerce companies.
29. Odunayo Eweniyi - Cofounder and COO at Piggyvest, an automated savings platform that helps users save and invest their money.
30. Abolore Salami - Founder and CEO at Riby Finance, a fintech startup that helps co-operatives and trade groups obtain financing.
31. Olumide "D.O" Olusanya - Founder & CEO of Gloopro.ng, an e-commerce and e-procurement platform for large and mid-market enterprises.
32. Onyeka Akumah - Founder and CEO of Farmcrowdy, Nigeria's first digital agriculture platform.
33. Tomilola Adejana - Cofounder and CEO at Bankly, a savings and cash digitization platform.
34. Emmanuel Gbolade - CEO and Cofounder at Termii, a company that provides customer messaging services for businesses.
35. Tosin Osibodu - Cofounder and CEO of Chaka, a company aimed at removing global investment barriers and making it easier for people to access investment opportunities from the comfort of their homes.
36. Victor Asemota - Cofounder of Swifta, an information technology company that offers a wide range of professional IT products and services. He is also a veteran investor in Nigerian tech companies.
37. Ifeoma Uddoh - Founder and CEO at Shecluded, a credit-service company focused on providing African women-led enterprises with financial access and education.
38. Temitope Omotolani - Co-Founder and Managing Director at Crowdyvest, a fintech company that provides a platform for people to save money and sponsor impact-driven opportunities.
39. Razaq Ahmed - Cofounder and CEO at Cowrywise, a startup focused on building a savings and investgment culture among Nigerians.
40. Adetayo Bamiduro - Cofounder and CEO at Max.ng, a transportation and logistics company looking to fix Africa's last mile delivery problems.