The Lagos Startup Week (LSW) organised by Primé Startups has now opened up registration for the event.
Since our last report on the event earlier this month, a lot has happened. And the onus lies on us to give you (our esteemed reader) the latest update.
The hub extraordinaire - Zone Tech Park, Gbagada, will host most of the sessions, from Tuesday to Wednesday, and Saturday.
While Landmark Towers will host the opening ceremony alongside the closing part on Monday and Friday respectively. Workstation, a co-working space on the island will host some sessions on Thursday as well.
Saturday is for DEVJAM and Node.js conference at Zone Tech.
Note: The venue of some sessions are not announced yet. For instance, one of the sessions on Wednesday tagged: “How to prepare your startup for expanding into new markets” has no venue yet. This may be due to the Google Partners Nigeria Launch set to hold at the Park on Wednesday.
The Glitz and Glamour of 2018 Lagos Startup Week
The chief sponsor of the 2018 LSW is Techstars. It is an American-based seed accelerator. Other sponsors are Workstation, Zone Tech Park, Village Capital, Venture Capital for Africa, Paystack, and the Now Collectives.
There will be a private networking with venture capitalists like Village Capital as well as a leaders-in-tech networking session. These sessions are strictly by invitation.
The Kick-off Ceremony
2018 LSW will kick-off at 5:00 PM with a session on “Zero to $1 million – the journey to building a game-changing product”. The session will address how to establish and grow your business, the future of venture capital & strategic investment, and emerging markets & services.
There are five panelists. Namely:
- Founder and CEO of Farmcrowdy, Onyeka Akumah
- Founder of MEDSAF, Vivian Nwakah
- Country Director of Africa’s Talking, Simon Aderinola
- Chief Transformation Officer of MTN Nigeria, Bayo Adekanmbi
- Chief Technology Officer of Max.ng, Chinedu Azodoh
The speakers will also share their success stories. And provide insights on how to build game-changing products that can generate significant revenue for businesses.
During the week, there will be:
- A digital marketing masterclass by DigiClan
- A special edition of Women who launch – GO GIRL X
- A Night with founders
- Photography Portfolio Review by The Now Collectives
- Fintech Talks
- Growth hacking session
- Hardware Meetup
- UI/UX session
- Startup Lagos Tour
- Retail and Ecommerce - startup showcase
Expected speakers during the week include:
- CEO of Cregital, Evans Akano
- CEO of Paystack, Shola Akinlade,
- Director of Node.js Africa, Agiri Abraham;
- CEO of CKDIGITAL, Charles Diaro;
- Co-founder of Piggy Bank, Odunayo Eweniyi;
- Investment Officer at ACCION Venture Lab, Ashley Lewis;
- Founder of Money Africa, Oluwatosin Olaseinde
- Senior Technical Consultant, Andela, Celestine Omin
- Node.js Enngineer, Thomas Watson
- Innovation Manager, Rocketspace, Shaina Silva
- Managing Director, Jumia One, Kushal Dutta