Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is a UTM?
A UTM (Urchin Tracking Module) is a parameter added to a URL that tracks various information about the source, medium, and campaign name of a link. This information can be used to analyze and measure the effectiveness of marketing campaigns and website traffic.
How do I create a UTM?
- Step 1: Decide on the source, medium, and campaign name for your link.
- Step 2: Use a UTM builder tool to create a UTM link.
- Step 3: Use the generated UTM link in your marketing campaigns and track the results.
What are some best practices for using UTM parameters?
- Be consistent with your naming conventions for source, medium, and campaign name.
- Avoid using spaces or special characters in your UTM parameters.
- Use UTM parameters for all external links to track traffic sources.
- Regularly review and analyze your UTM tracking data to optimize your marketing campaigns.