If you resgister using this link or this code (TCEM004BD) at checkout, you would get 20% discount on your ticket.
The townhall, which is themed Emerging Tech: Artificial Intelligence and Blockchain, is the sixth in TechCabal's townhall series since the first one on fintech was held two years ago.
Emerging Tech: AI & Blockchain townhall will convene entrepreneurs, investors, policymakers and corporates across Africa to examine how businesses, individuals and African countries can maximize emerging technologies, specifically artificial intelligence (AI) and blockchain.
Artificial intelligence and blockchain are changing how Africans live, work, learn, play, and do business. For instance, across the continent, banks have launched chat banking services using artificially-intelligent chatbots. Also, across sectors such as agriculture and e-commerce, African entrepreneurs are building AI-driven solutions.
The use cases for blockchain in Africa has been on the increase. Organisations such as Binance Labs and Blockchain Nigeria User Group are investing in and helping stakeholders in the blockchain sector.
We have begun to see a rise of use cases across industries for Artificial Intelligence and Blockchain. For blockchain, it is gaining traction in the financial services sector especially for cross-border payments. However, what we found is that organizations and policymakers still have many questions about these technologies. Our objective with this event is to completely demystify AI and Blockchain for businesses and policymakers.
To attend the TC Townhall on Emerging Tech: AI and Blockchain, use this link to get a 20% discount or use this code (TCEM004BD) at checkout.
Why you should attend TC Townhall on Artificial Intelligence and Blockchain
1. The Townhall will answer key questions about AI and blockchain. It will address the implications of these emerging technologies for businesses and individuals in Africa and how to maximise them.> **Related Article:** [What will ensure edtech succeed in Africa?](https://www.benjamindada.com/edtech-future-work-townhall/)
2. In addition to panel sessions, interactive workshops and product demos, there will also be a high-level policy roundtable that will help policymakers engage with founders and other stakeholders in the digital economy.
3. You will get an insight into what the innovators and startups in Africa have achieved and are doing with emerging technologies.
4. You will get to know what investors value and look out for in making their investment decision in startups operating in the emerging tech sector.
5. There will be sessions dedicated to virtual/augmented reality, 5G, and big data
6. As an investor, you will be able to connect with the startups and people using emerging technologies
7. As an employee or entrepreneur operating in another sector, you will get to understand how to take advantage of emerging technologies and mitigate their attendant disruption
8. Regulators will also be able to engage the tech community and chart a course on how to support and create the environment for innovation to thrive and create economic prosperity.
9. An eclectic line-up of speakers are expected at the townhall. Some of them include:
- Uzoma Nwagba, COO, GEEP by BOI,
- Yele, Bademosi, Director, Binance Labs,
- Timi Ajiboye, CEO, Buycoins Africa;
- Judith Okonkwo, Founder, Imisi 3D;
- Basil Udotai Esq, Managing Partner, Technology Advisors LLP, and
- Chimezie Chuta, Founder/ Coordinator, Blockchain Nigeria User Group
10. If you register via this link or use this code (TCEM004BD), you will get a 20% discount on your ticket.