Call for Applications to the Next Cohort of the HiiL Justice Accelerator Programme
HiiL’s Justice Accelerator focuses on preventing and resolving justice problems. HiiL has supported more than 120 justice innovations worldwide since 2011.
The HiiL Justice Accelerator is looking for game-changing justice startups and social enterprises in Nigeria to apply for the next cohort of justice entrepreneurs to be admitted into its accelerator program.
The HiiL Justice Accelerator provides startups with a four-month program that includes €10,000 in non-equity seed funding, business development support (which includes training, coaching, and mentorship), access to a global network, international exposure, and connections for further investment opportunities.
The participating startups pitch to an international jury and compete for additional cash prizes of €20,000 (1st place), €10,000 (2nd place), and €5,000 (3rd place) at the annual Demo Day.
"We are looking for justice startups that aspire for everybody to have access to justice at work, at home, in the neighbourhood, and in business," HiiL said in a statement.
Justice startups include companies that are empowering people with:
- better working conditions with their employer
- protection against theft, fraud, and violence
- arrangements about noise, damages, and property access with their neighbour.
- housing maintenance and rent conditions with their landlord
- agreements on ownership, registration, and use of land
- on separation terms with their spouse
- contracts, fraud protection, and compliance for their small business.
Such startups must have a proven solution with increasing annual revenue and impact, a scalable business model, and be led by a strong team of experienced founders. Startups can be for-profit or non-profit.
Applications are open and will close on March 31st, 2023.