Ecosystem hangout by Ingressive holds on the 30th of November, 2018 at Leadspace, Yaba from 5pm to 8pm.
This edition would focus on Finance and Regulatory Techniques that Accelerate Startups and Businesses.
The events seeks to connect entrepreneurs and tech enthusiasts with investors for the purpose of sharing ideas that could potentially change the future of Africa.
There will be two sessions focused on the basics of creating a solid Corporate Business Structure. Industry professionals will give advice to entrepreneurs on the right corporate structure businesses need to scale. The sessions will be led by Senior Associate Counsel, AEC Legal—Oladunni Ladeinde-Babalola and Assistant Manager, Pedabo Professional Services—Olabisi Asatebo.
What you will learn at the Ecosystem Hangout
Both speakers have a further degree and work experience in their chosen fields of law and accounting respectively. As a result, participants can expect to get the best of both legal counsel and accounting advise.
Licensing and Regulation
Under this section to be led by Oladunni, the following advise will be given:
- Types of corporate structures available under Nigerian law
- Suitability of corporate structure to business type
- Information on regulatory agencies that require licensing, registration and compliance
- Post incorporation/registration
Accounting, Taxes and Financial Structure
Under this section to be led by Olabisi, discussions on:
- equity funding as a technique for raising capital,
- the appropriate shareholding structure for a business,
- the valuation of shares,
- equity investment and share allotment, and
- resolving shareholder disputes will happen.
Who should attend the hangout?
Every business owner or aspiring entrepreneur should plan to attend. But for the sake of specificity we outline the following:
- Key stakeholders in the startup ecosystem, looking to expand their knowledge on best practices and glean insights from the Entrepreneur Development Group (EDG) Africa and Ingressive Community
- Venture capitalists and business angels currently investing in early-stage startups
- An entrepreneur seeking insight into the process securing an investment
The Ecosystem Hangout is being sponsored by Github, Figma, SMEPeaks, ICA, Benjamin Dada, Rising Tides Africa, AEC Legal, Pedabo, Leadspace and Fempower Africa.
Reserve your space for the Ecosystem Hangout by Ingressive.
Ingressive leverages the EDG Africa as an online channel to store content, deliver webinars, and organize her fast-growing community of entrepreneurs across Africa. Join Ingressive's Community Slack Channel to access a tech-focused network and previous course materials.