The Nigeria Railway Corporation (NRC) on Wednesday launched an e-ticketing platform for the Lagos-Ibadan route. The platform allows customers to buy tickets 24-48 hours ahead of their trips.
The e-ticketing platform uses Flutterwave as its payment partner for processing payments. Passengers are required to provide their national identification numbers (NIN) before they can sign up.
Follow these steps to book an e-ticket:
- Visit the e-ticket website [https://nrc.gsds.ng.]
- Fill up your details including phone number, date of birth, and email address
- Provide your NIN and set a password to sign up
After signing up, you are required to log in with your registered email address and password.
- Find your train by providing your departure station, destination and date.
- Select your coah and class.
- After making the selection, you will provide your NIN and email address for verification
- Then you will proceed to make payment via Flutterwave, you will be automatically redirected. The available payment options include; card, USSD, bank transfer, and NQR.
According to the terms and conditions, no refunds will be made for ticket purchases or reservations made through the service.
Since the introduction of the e-ticketing platform, certain passengers have encountered fraudulent websites impersonating the official one. "Nigerians should know how to use the e-ticketing system and distinguish between real and fake tickets," says Oluseyi Akindeinde, a cybersecurity expert.