Virtual dollar cards have been the rave since last week Friday when Union54, a leading card-issuing API startup announced that it was going to pause its service to build a more "resilient product". Union54's CEO Perseus Mlambo said that "the pause on service is part of a necessary compliance audit" which will take place within two weeks.
Not many people know what exactly is going on. But we've graciously written a detailed piece that currently ranks as a Top Story on Google Search. You will find the link to the piece in the noteworthy from African press section below.
For this week's newsletter, Letter 121, we will touch on:
- Kora's response to money laundering allegations in Kenya
- Why ECOWAS Court declared Nigerian Twitter ban illegal
- inDriver's regulatory compliance engagement with Lagos authorities
- the latest African Tech Startup Deals (in PNG and a live format)
- job opportunities, events, and more.