Artificial Intelligence (AI) is a rapidly growing field that has transformed many industries in recent years. With the increasing adoption of AI in various sectors, there is a rising demand for skilled professionals who can work on developing and implementing AI technologies.
A recent survey by Pitchbook administered to 58 global venture capital (VC) investors across various industries indicated that AI holds the most growth and adoption over the next 12 months.
AI careers are not only in demand, but they also offer some of the highest-paying jobs in the tech industry. In this article, we will discuss nine high-paying AI careers that you can pursue.
Machine Learning Engineer
Machine learning engineers build and maintain AI models that can learn and make decisions without human intervention. They work on developing algorithms and training models using large amounts of data. The algorithms make it easier for machine learning engineers to sift through huge data sets.
Skills required to be a Machine learning engineer
- Programming skills
- Understanding of Linear Algebra, Probability and Statistics
- Spark & Big data technologies
- Algorithms and Frameworks
The average salary of a Machine Learning Engineer is around $142,296 per year. The average working experience is between 2–4 years.
Data scientists analyse large amounts of data to identify patterns and trends. They work on developing predictive models and algorithms to solve complex business problems.
Skills required to be a Data scientist
- Data visualisation and wrangling
- Processing large data sets
- Statistical analysis and computing
- Cloud computing
The average salary of an AI Data Scientist is around $144,804 per year.
AI Research scientist
AI research scientists work on developing and improving AI technologies. They are responsible for researching and implementing new AI algorithms and architectures.
Skills required to be Research scientist
- Experience with machine learning, deep learning and & neural networks
- Experience with data science techniques such as feature engineering, model selection and validation and hyperparameter tuning
- Experience in building large scale distributed systems for training models (e.g. distributed TensorFlow)
- Programming experience
The average salary of an AI Research Scientist is around $161,749 per year.
Robotics engineers design and develop robots that can perform complex tasks. They work on developing algorithms and sensors that enable robots to navigate and interact with their environment.
Skills required to be Robotics engineer
- Programming skills
- Linear Algebra, Probability & Statistics
- Spark and Big data technologies
- Algorithms and Frameworks
The average salary of a Robotics Engineer is around $124,821 per year.
Computer vision engineer
Computer vision engineers develop AI technologies that enable machines to interpret and understand visual information. They work on developing algorithms that can recognize images, videos, and objects.
Skills required to be a Computer vision engineer
- Programming knowledge in Matlab, Python, Java and C++
- Ability to develop image analysis algorithms
- Experience working with Machine learning frameworks like Tensorflow, Keras and PyTorch
- Understanding of data flow programming
The average salary of a Computer vision engineer is around $140,845 per year.
Natural language processing (NLP) engineer
NLP engineers work on developing AI technologies that can understand and interpret human language. They work on developing algorithms that can analyse and interpret text and speech.
Skills required to be a Natural language processing engineer
- Programming knowledge like Python, Java and R
- Statistical analysis
- Machine learning methods
The average salary of an NLP Engineer is around $101,782 per year.
AI Product manager
AI product managers oversee the development and implementation of AI technologies. They work on identifying business opportunities and defining product requirements.
Skills required to be an AI Product manager
- Software development
- Project management
- AI technologies
The average salary of an AI Product manager is around $184,664 per year.
AI ethicists work on ensuring that AI technologies are developed and implemented ethically. They work on developing policies and guidelines to ensure that AI technologies do not harm society or discriminate against individuals.
Skills required to be an AI Ethicist
- Process mapping & improvement
- Research consultation
- Project management with DevOps teams to incorporate ethics safeguards into AI DevOps pipeline
The average salary of an AI Ethicist is around $137,000 per year.
AI architects design and oversee the implementation of large-scale AI systems. They need to have expertise in AI technologies, software development, and project management.
Skills to be an AI Architect
- Mastery of ML and Deep learning frameworks (like TensorFlow) and ML methodologies
- Familiarity with sophisticated analytics tools
- Knowledge of applied mathematics.
According to Glassdoor, the average salary of an AI Architect is around $153,266 per year.
AI is a rapidly growing field that offers many high-paying career opportunities. From machine learning engineers to AI marketing managers, there are many roles in AI that can lead to a lucrative career.
Pursuing a career in AI requires a strong foundation in mathematics, programming, and data analysis. By acquiring the necessary skills and knowledge, you can build a successful career in this exciting field.